Manager - Proposals
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing,or related field
- Candidate must have 10-15 years of experience in proposal preparation and submission with experience in project management. He must be familiar with computers and desktop publishing software. Experienced within a government contracting company in a must and in the Middle East is highly desired.
Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills are required. Must be experienced in interpreting RFP requirements, and in managing proposals in response to government and commercial solicitations. Must have the ability to make customer needs the primary focus of the entire proposal exercise. Must have ability to assess complex issues, develop win strategies, and propose viable solutions. Must be experienced in working with authors, subcontractors, company representatives, consultants, graphics and production specialists, and estimating and pricing personnel.
The Manager - Proposals plans, organizes, schedules, leads, coordinates, controls, and manages proposal development efforts and ensures the timely submission of high quality and compliant proposals to customers in response to government and commercial solicitations.
Manages the overall proposal development phase of the business acquisition process. Reviews capture plan; analyzes customer requirements; creates the proposal development plan and schedule; organizes and conducts kickoff meeting; directs the development of storyboards, graphics, and text to meet RFP requirements; facilitates the internal review and approval processes; and supports preparation of oral presentations, responses to customer questions, and post-proposal evaluations and lessons learned.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
1. Reviews and analyzes solicitations (RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, etc.) and manages research, white papers, and data collection efforts to fully define customer requirements to achieve detailed proposal planning. Prepares and obtains approval of proposal development budget.
2. Identifies proposal resource requirements and prepares comprehensive plans of action to include proposal development schedule and milestones, proposal organization and staffing, proposal compliance outline, IPT assignments, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), and project estimating and pricing.
3. Builds the proposal team providing training & mentoring to team members into to have a top-shelf group of proposal professionals.
4. Assembles and organizes integrated proposal teams to include volume managers, authors and graphics/desktop publishing/production personnel, and assigns specific responsibilities.
5. Plans and conducts kick-off meetings, coordinates the offer design and mind mapping, and explains proposal processes and procedures including the wall review process, workbook and storyboarding processes, graphics development, writing processes, and editing and production processes. Provide all proposal personnel with a thorough understanding of all elements of the proposal process such that each member of the proposal team understands role and relationships to the team as a whole.
6. Directs and controls proposal development processes, and provides training and guidance as necessary. Works closely with volume managers to monitor performance of team members, and provides corrective action as required to keep the proposal team focused on producing a quality, compliant document that meets all proposal milestones.
7. Schedules and coordinates Pink/Red Team and Management Reviews, and manages the incorporation of suggestions and comments into the final proposal document to maximize quality of document.
8. Plans and coordinates orals training and presentation when required. Objective: Convince the customer that the presenters constitute the right team to manage and execute the project thus increasing the chance of winning the project.
9. Plans and coordinates discussions and follow-up responses to customer questions and best and final offer documents as required to effect timely and comprehensive responses to customer needs.
10. Prepares after action report and lessons learned to refine and sharpen the proposal development process and improved processes for future proposals.
Pricing analyst / Buyer
- Bachelor degree in Business or Engineers
- Job purpose of Pricing analyst is to establish, maintain and analyze price reference documentation, and to make recommendations that will facilitate optimal pricing decisions to be made by Pricing, Marketing and Sales teams.
- 1. Provide regular and ad hoc pricing analysis and reporting for management.
2. Coordinate proposal development with the sales team and management.
3. Prepare multi-year cost/pricing models to include labor, materials, subcontracts, and travel and write descriptive pricing volumes.
4. Ensure compliance with government contracting regulations.
5. Requires an understanding of indirect cost
6. Provide project support and analysis to program managers, to include:
a. Validate sales quotations for accuracy and profitability.
b. Download and organize baseline price information, analyze and report on inconsistencies, and identify opportunities to optimize sales and profitability through price strategies.
c. Establish a system of documentation, communication and review of internal and external comparative price data, including wins and losses due to price
d. Perform margin and pricing analysis to support key business initiatives as required
7. Provide financial analysis support to management, to include:
a. Analysis of corporate budget vs. actual expenses
b. Create rolling financial statement and indirect rate forecasts based on the latest contract revenue and expense projections and budget assumptions.
c. Independently develop new Excel models, charts and graphs, and procedures as necessary.
d. Analyze market dynamics, pricing trends, market opportunities, operating and sales margins in order to develop reports, procedures and tools for pricing and quoting.
e. Take initiative in identifying and resolving issues around pricing and margin.
Perform other duties as assigned, including ad-hoc analysis on methods to optimize price through market and pricing strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferred to be civil / construction), or facilities management
- The facilities manager is responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of the organization. He ensures that the organization has the most suitable working environment for its employees and their activities. The facilities manager should focus on using best business practice to improve efficiency, by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity.
The facilities manager must be involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to buildings and premises. His areas of responsibility include:
• procurement and contract management;
• building and grounds maintenance;
• catering and vending;
• health and safety;
• Utilities and communications infrastructure;
• Space management;
• Transportation fleet
- The responsibilities will cover several departments, as well as central services that link to all the teams in the organization; sometimes some duties may include more practical and hands-on tasks:
Typical tasks should include:
• preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors;
• project management and supervising and coordinating work of contractors;
• investigating availability and suitability of options for new premises;
• calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money;
• planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives;
• Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities;
• liaising with tenants of commercial properties;
• directing and planning essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling;
• ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements;
• Planning best allocation and utilization of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organizing current premises;
• Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies;
• Coordinating and leading one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility;
• using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement;
• Support services managers also ensure that contracts, insurance requirements, and government regulations and safety standards are followed and up to date.
• Regular monitoring on the organization inventory & fixed assets control.
• Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
• acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives
• ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications;
overseeing the selection and requisition of materials
• day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors;
• planning the work and efficiently organizing the site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines;
• Participate in the review and assessment of Inspection and Maintenance procedures ;
• Managing, directing and monitoring progress during each phase of any construction project.
- BachelorsDegree from an accredited college in Business Administration
Highlyorganized and able to effectively evaluate and prioritize workload.
Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills.(English language)
Demonstratedperformance in negotiating procurements, as well as terms and conditions.
Musthave a good understanding of industry procurement practices and standards.
Abilityto work multiple tasks and be flexible with added tasks and changes indirection.
Avery strong work ethic with emphasis on Business Ethics, and ability to work ina multi-cultural business environment.
Abilityto fully understand prime contract requirements and appropriately writesubcontract documents and work statements for suppliers. Must be able to write “requirements”documents.
Abilityto work in a dynamic environment with limited oversight from management. Shouldbe a self-starter with ability to assess requirements of a situation andidentify appropriate course of action.
Must have experience to organize andmanage the work efforts of others, and provide guidance and direction to ateam. Procurement supervision ormanagement experience is highly desired.
Working knowledge of Subcontract managementtechniques and toolsProven experience workingon successful program teams
Develop subcontract specifications, workstatements, terms and conditions, and special supplier instructions formoderately complex procurements of specialized materials, equipment, services,and repairs in support of aircraft structures, engines, and supportequipment.
Ensure program success through negotiatingreduced costs and lead times, and reduced legal risk.
Be the focal point for establishing keysubcontractor relationships, and manage/monitor their deliveries per thecontractual “Lot” delivery schedule.
Identify and mitigate risk situations, andprovide/develop recommended solutions for moderately complex problems. Assist in resolution of project issues/riskswith team members.
Manage subcontractor performance, prepare Requests for Proposals and bid packages,evaluate and fact find supplier proposals, select or recommend subcontractors,negotiate subcontract provisions, conduct price and cost analysis, write awardsand document procurement actions, negotiate prices, and terms and conditions,and place subcontracts in accordance with Company procedures/regulations,negotiate subcontract modifications, and administer resulting subcontracts.
Participates with Contracts and Programs todevelop proposals to customers, and develop processes and procedures to supportthe program/ line of business
Collect and analyze data, prepare reports tomanagement, and work with team mates to achieve program objectives andexpectations.
Work with suppliers to ensure all products aredelivered on time, within budget, and in compliance with specifications.
Recognize and understand competing businessrequirements and make recommendations for the overall good of the team.
Assist the Program Manager with evaluatingschedule impacts arising from sourcing decisions or delays, and meet deadlinesassociated with program administration.
Advise management in a timely manner of problems,issues, and status of on-going subcontracts.